As my right to reply is denied, FAO Moral.

Go down

As my right to reply is denied, FAO Moral.

Post  HBMDave on Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:44 pm

"I hate that song. Yeah its touching and lovely, but its a "throw in the towel" song, and I've never seen Cash like that, its not the attitude I like from the man."

Well, first off it's touching, but it ain't lovely, it's an apology to his wife for being an arsehole for a lifetime.

Secondly it's as angry as music gets.

Throw in the towel, it ain't.

Last edited by HBMDave on Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
HBMDave
HBMDave

Number of posts : 40
Mrs Gig Fun tokens : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile http://www.bulldogskates.com

Back to top Go down

Re: As my right to reply is denied, FAO Moral.

Post  Dmanlamius on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:00 pm

I have to agree with James to be honest.

How can it be a sincere apology, when it was written by Trent Reznor?
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius
Comrade
Comrade

Number of posts : 227
Mrs Gig Fun tokens : 9

View user profile http://www.Dmanlamius.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:00 pm

And yes, Trent reznor is very angry.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius
Comrade
Comrade

Back to top Go down

Post  JimGoesSolo on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:15 pm

Hate was a bit strong really. I hate the popular side of it, the trendy scene kids loving that song, but the song is by no means terrible or worthy of hate.

It's just the sentiment behind it for me. My favourite Cash album is the Live At Folsom Prison album, and its just full of "fuck you" songs that is just the way I like to remember the man.
JimGoesSolo
JimGoesSolo

Number of posts : 77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:20 pm

I "like" his version of hurt, but I dont prefer it at all.

I spent from 93 onwards listening to it in its original context on the downward spiral, as part of a story.

Too take the song from that masterpiece, and call it your own doesnt make sense. He should have just written his own freaking song.

I heard Johnny cash was full of "fuck you's" as well, but could never understand if that was the case, why did he change "I wear this crown of SHIT (Trent Reznor is angry) to "I wear this crown of thorns" which is an obvious cliche.

Nah, its all average to me. The same as everyone else that loved the downward spiral.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius
Comrade
Comrade

Back to top Go down

Post  JimGoesSolo on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:36 pm

You seen NIN made 1.6million from downloads last year? Not sure in what context, but I think it was the album they put out in a variety of ways, like you could download the album so you could mix it yourself and stuff like that.

Check out Folsom Prison mate, its almost like a live concept album, every song is about crime and prison, its brilliant just to hear him baiting the wardens and guards. San Quentin isn't bad either, but I feel like its more of a "Cash plays his hits" album.
JimGoesSolo
JimGoesSolo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JimGoesSolo on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:42 pm

The online release of the new Nine Inch Nails album, "Ghosts I-IV," resulted in just under 800,000 transactions in its first week, totaling $1.6 million in revenue, the industrial-rock band has revealed.

The tally includes free and paid downloads, as well as advance orders for physical configurations like various limited-edition vinyl releases, CDs, and a boxed set.

"Ghosts I-IV," the band's first release since becoming a free agent last October, went on sale March 2 at its Web site. Fans can receive the first nine songs from the 36-track project for free, or can pay $5 for the entire digital album.

NIN will not release traditional sales figures to SoundScan, whose data are used to compiled the Billboard 200 albums chart.

A $10 double-CD set will reach stores on April 8. A $70 deluxe edition and a $300 autographed version will ship May 1.

After Nine Inch Nails' contract with Interscope expired, the label released a remix album, "Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D." The band's last studio release, "Year Zero," debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 last April with 187,000 copies.
JimGoesSolo
JimGoesSolo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum